Monday, September 3, 2012

...[Dark] Vengeance is Mine!!!!



I intended to get this post up sooner, but got busy with the weekend.  But, I made it out to the Chicago Battle Bunker at midnight on Friday and picked up my Limited Edition Dark Vengeance set.  It turns out that there was no need to order online, because they had them in sufficient numbers in the store, but...what the hell, right?  I'm glad I did it, because I ran into an old gaming buddy that I haven't seen in years.  So we stuck around late and caught up on life.  Turns out he's married with a family now, so he's in the same boat as I am, so we decided to keep in touch and  plan some games.  He's a Chaos player, so that works out too.

Okay, on to the set.  I won't go into any detail as many of my fellow hobbyists have already done so, but I would like to briefly say Kudos to Games Workshop!  This one is by far better than any previous starter sets to date.  It was done very similar to the WFB set that came out not too long ago and the models are insanely cool.  I may even start a Chaos force later down the line.  I'm not about to give these models up.  The mini rulebook is in full color and the quick start rules are awesome.  I think they break down really well to get new gamers comfortable with the turn phases and mechanics.

I haven't been able to start building the models yet, but the Mrs. is heading to work this afternoon, so I'll be able to dive in without interruption.  Unless of course the kids get out of hand, but they are pretty self-sufficient nowadays and don't even want dad buggin' them anyway.  So..I think all around the set is the best way for newcomers to get into 40k and it's well worth the price. 

I'm looking forward to the Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines codices release.

No comments:

Post a Comment